Here’s another DIY tutorial on this blog. This time i’m going to show you how to make a friendship bracelets. I’ve done few bracelets and i’d like to show you how to do it. It’s simple and easy. All you need is an embroidery thread, tape/pin and scissors.
The illustration below is a step by step process. I hope it helps. There’s also complete guide below in case the illustration isn’t that clear enough. Enjoy!
Things you need:
– embroidery thread
– a safety pin or tape
– a pair of scissors
– Get your embroidery thread measuring from your left arm to your right arm. You can have 5 colors or more. Fold the thread in the middle and tie a knot leaving at least 3 inches making it two colors each. Use a tape to hold them. Tape in a flat surface or use a pin, whatever you’re comfortable with.
– Arrange the strands in a mirror-image pattern with the outside strands the same color and so on moving inwards.
– Start on the left side with the outermost color (shown here in blue) and make a forward knot by creating a 4-shape over the 2nd color, loop it under and back through the opening.
– Pull up and to the right to tighten. Make the same knot twice over each color. Continue knotting over each color, towards the right, until the outermost color has carried over to the middle. This is one half of the chevron pattern.
– Next pick up the outermost color on the right side (show here in blue) and make a backward knot, creating a reverse 4-shape over the 2nd color, loop it under and back through the opening. Pull up and to the left to tighten. (Don’t forget to knot twice over each color).
– Continue knotting towards the left until the outermost strand reaches the middle. Tie a backwards knot with the two middle strands to connect the two halves. The first chevron row is complete!
– Continue with the the next color, which is now the outermost strand.
– Color order is important for the first few rows but after the 3rd or 4th row, the strands will fall nicely in place.
– Finish it with a knot and a braid.