Last weekend I have my 30th birthday party held at our very own backyard. I don’t really celebrate my birthdays but since it’s a tradition here in Finland that when you turn 10, 20, 30 and so on there will be a little or huge party happening. My real birthday is June 11 but we held the party in June 8 so my friends who were busy at school can come. I also did it to celebrate Rianna’s 18 months birthday on June 9. So it’s me and her party joined together.
As I mentioned here, all the decorations are made by me. I used two colors of printing paper and turned them into a cute decorations. Today I will show you how I make the flower cupcake toppers. It’s easy and simple. And I don’t spend anything for it as I already have all the things I needed like the papers, glue, and food stick.
DIY: Flower Cupcake Toppers
Things You Need:
Thick colored printing papers/ colored bond paper
- Cut paper into little heart shape. Cut as many as you can in equal sizes.
- Fold the heart in the middle.
- Cut paper in circles. Size of the circle depends on the size of the flowers you want to make.
- Using glue attach the folded heart in the round shape paper. Glue only the half of the heart.
Repeat the step on the second heart overlapping the first heart paper.
- Do it until the round paper is fully covered. You will have a nice paper flower.
- Attach your stick at the back of the flower using a tape.
- Done. Insert the stick on your cupcake.
Tip: You can use two colors depends on your party theme. I used yellow and pink. Just glue them alternate to each color.